These centres are located at hospitals where the Social Worker on site does trauma containment ,to prepare victims for the forensic medical examination and the victim receives further medical treatment and counselling.
This process, in a safe comforting environment, allows victims to become survivors.
Where are Centres located?
- Tshepong Thuthuzela Care Centre Bloemfontein National Hospital
- Bongani Thuthuzela Care Centre Bongani Hospital Welkom
- Phekolong Thuthuzela Care Centre Phekolong Hospital Bethlehem
- Elizabeth Ross Victim Support Centre Phuthaditjhaba
- Nketoana District Hospital Reitz
- Tshebe Hospital Victim Support Centre Harrismith
Heidedal & Mangaung Afterschool
Our Afterschool programmes (based at our satellite offices in Heidedal & Mangaung) provide a safe space for children to do homework, enjoy recreational activities and also be taught some essential life skills. The Afterschool programmes are manned by previously unemployed community members trained to become skilled Child and Youth Care Workers.