Early Intervention Services
This core service focuses on strengthening and building the capacity of families where the children were identified as being vulnerable or at risk of removal to alternative care. Social workers council families with the hope of preserving the family unit, with the best interest of the child always being the priority.
Statutory interventions (as prescribed by relevant legislation) include the following:
- • Child abuse & neglect investigations & Removal of children
- • Placement of children in Temporary Safe Care
- • Children’s Court Investigations
- • Placements of children in alternative care
- • Foster care supervision services
- • Reunification services
- • Trauma debriefing, counselling & support services to victims of abuse.
All Social Workers employed by Child Welfare Bloemfontein & Childline Free State are registered with the South African council for social service professions (SACSSP)
Area of operation is:
- Head office at 54 Aliwal Street
- Heidedal satellite office (c/o Parish & Murison Avenue Heidedal)
- Mangaung (at the back of Manguang SAPS station in Namibia Square)